Welcome to the
Coton-in-the-Elms Primary School has long valued the role that we as parents can play in the education of own children but also in helping create this happy and friendly school. Our Parent Council was set up in 2007. The meetings are an important opportunity for parents and teachers to meet together and talk about how by working together, we can help our children enjoy and learn. We are an active Parent Council that meet every half-term with the head teacher and teachers.
- Parents benefit from being able to express their views and know that we can make a difference to school life
- School staff gain a better understanding of the views and needs of parents- for example, our staff recently provided information about classroom routines, which helps to smooth the transition from one class group to the next
- Children benefit from seeing their parents engaged in and valuing school life
Our Current Parent Council Team
Dawn Smikle-Ambrose – Co Chair of Parent Council (Piper and Jenson’s Mum)
Louise Winterburn – Co Chair of Parent Council (Harriet’s Mum)
Joanne Goodwin (Oliver’s Mum)
Patricia Deakin (James and Sophie’s Mum)
Aisha Mack (Lochlann, Ava and Willow’s Mum)
Sarah Wintle (Alice and Robert’s Mum)
Allison Lucas (Jamey’s Mum)
Emma Helm (Archie’s Mum)
Fiona Brown (Jemima’s Mum)
Patricia Hodges (Sam’s Mum)
Want to raise an issue at the Parent Council?
If you would like an issue to be discussed at the Parent Council you can either
- Speak to the rep for your year or one of the co-chairs ( details below)
- Send a note into school clearly marked for the parent council
Want to get involved?
There are a wide variety of opportunities to get involved with our school. The Parent Council has two parent reps from each school year. All vacancies are advertised on our website or school newsletters and parents are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in getting involved in school life, please don’t hesitate to contact the school office.