Following yesterday’s incredible learning lens session with the Curious Caterpillars class, today is was the turn of our Dazzling Dragonflies.
Once again, it was lovely to see lots of parents arrive to enjoy this learning experience – we even had parents that came yesterday, coming back for more today!
The children were buzzing with excitement as they got stuck in to all the activities – each with a focus on money. Here are some of the activities:
- Money Bingo – getting the children to recognise the different coins / notes to then cover them on their bingo card.
- Identifying the different coins in slime bags without opening the bags
- Who has the most money? – Children had to check each purse and count up the coins to see which purse contained the highest value.
- Stationary shopping list – looking which items you want to buy and selecting the correct money
- Coin rubbing – selecting a coin, checking which coin it was and then creating a rubbing of it
- Sinking money – the children had to make a boat shape using tinfoil, put it on water, then count 1p and 2p coins in to see how much money the boat could take until it sinks.
The last activity was definitely the most popular, with Austin taking the title, achieving over 80p in his tinfoil boat.
We received lots of fantastic feedback following the session, in fact we’re not sure who enjoyed it more – the parents or the children!
Tomorrow is the turn of our Learning Ladybirds class – we look forward to seeing you there.