Year 1 and 2
English: non-chronological report, narrative, poetry
Grammar and punctuation: adverbs, suffixes, conjunctions and noun phrases.
Maths: place value, counting, addition and subtraction, measures
Space – Neil Armstrong
|To use basic historical vocabulary to :
- develop an awareness of the past, using common words and phrases relating to the passing of time.
- to know where the people and events they study fit within a chronological framework.
- To learn about the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- To understand that Judaism is a religion and Jews are the followers of the religion.
|PE – ball skills
|Quality and control
||To design and make a product.
These are some resources that help us in the classroom.
Our topic last term was Africa and we enjoyed learning about the similarities and differences to our country and village.
We learned about plants and had fun watching them grow, or in the case of the cress, watching it struggle to grow. We were, however, able to understand what plants need, or don’t need, in order to grow healthily.
Please help the children to look after their plants as we will be having a competition to see whose sunflower is the tallest and whose bean is the most healthy. I will let you know of the date and would ask that you send a photograph of your child with their plant, into school. Thank you Mrs Dyke.
Our topic last term was Ourselves and we had fun measuring ourselves and learning how we are similar and different. This term we are learning about Africa and how it is different to our local area and country.
Collecting, Analysing, Evaluating and Presenting Data
In this strand pupils will explore data in different contexts. They collect and represent data using charting software. They will use data to answer questions.
- Use software to sort objects and represent data on screen
- Use ICT to create pictograms, bar charts and tables to illustrate data for different purposes
- Use the tools to sort and search the data to answer specific questions
- They will also consider issues such as accuracy, privacy and keeping data safe
Welcome to the Wonderful Willows! We are a mixed Year 1 and 2 class of 27 children! We are taught by Mrs Dyke and our teaching assistant is Mrs Harris. We are also taught by Mrs Challinor, Mrs Thorne and Mrs Mailer who teach us ICT, grammar and art.
We have lots of fun and always work hard to achieve our goals of perseverance, excellence, awe and wonder, compassion and enjoyment.
In the mornings we usually have literacy and numeracy lessons alongside phonics, grammar and handwriting sessions and this will continue this term.
In the afternoons we have PE, topic, RE, music and art or design technology.
Our PE lessons are on a Monday and Tuesday and we have a spelling test on a Tuesday.